Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A shy spider, jumping boldly

Brace yourself for more spider photos.  It is Arachtober, after all.

This is the same P. audax jumping spider from my last post.  Did I mention that I have given this spider a name?  Her name is Koko.  Like the gorilla who communicates in sign language.  Looks all big and hairy and scary, but she's really a big sweetie. Just like my spider.


It can be difficult to get her out of her container. She prefers the safety of her little silk sac.


Eventually, she crept toward the opening.


I was able to turn the jar over and tap gently to get her on the grass, where she continued to hide...


... in various positions..


Do you agree that she looks like a tiny gorilla? With extra legs, a few extra eyes, and big green fangs?


I had the brilliant idea to put Koko in a big plastic tub to make it easier for me to focus on her, and harder for her to hide.



But Koko was getting ideas of her own...


One second, she appeared to be reaching up...


And the next second...


And that was the end of our photo shoot for today!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...