Sunday, September 16, 2012

It's been a long and mostly unproductive summer for me. I haven't felt much like blogging, although the bugs have been out there. And since we didn't take a vacation out of town, the bugs have mostly been just the every-day local ones. Still, I have taken a few pictures over the past couple months.

teneral
This beautiful grasshopper had just shed her skin one evening at the arboretum.

grasshopper shed
The old skin was on the ground right beneath her.

where were you during Moth Week?
A couple of moths that couldn't be bothered to show themselves during Moth Week.
cute little moth


bug
A brown stink bug...

stinkbug
And a mottled green one with pretty turquoise legs.

unfamiliar hemipteran
And this weird guy was on my porch just yesterday. Like the stink bugs, it's a "true bug", but I've never seen one like it before. So I'm still seeing new things from time to time, in familiar places.

There have been mantids, too, of course. I will make a post for them a little later.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...