Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring
Green
Lynx

Spring Green Lynx I found this sweet little spider on the first day of spring. She was just as vividly green as the ivy. I know that green lynx spiders (Peucetia viridans) are territorial as adults, seldom moving more than a couple of inches beyond a favored feeding spot, or especially from their egg cases and babies, once they have them. But even this little spider seems to have settled on a particular area, which I have been checking every day.

  Spider skin A couple of days ago, I couldn't find her. But then I found a shed spider skin. Was it hers?

  Spider silhouette Then I saw this.


  Spring Green Lynx
Ah, yes. There she is. (I think she's a "she". It's hard to be certain because she's still pretty small, but I don't see the male pedipalps, so I'm sticking with "she" for now.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...