Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Some thoughts

Our kitchen remodel is done. And the living room is re-painted and re-floored, even if it we still don't have all our stuff put back. That's another project all by itself. Well, Jerry's project, anyway. My point is, our life has returned to normal, whatever that means. But somehow, I haven't gotten back into blogging. I don't really know why, but I'm just not feelin' it. And the funny thing is, I'm noticing that many of my favorite  blogs also seem to be posting with less frequency.  So I have to wonder, is it just me, or is the blogging experience wearing thin for other people as well?

And then there are the photos.  I haven't been too thrilled with my photos lately.  I need to upgrade my camera, but I haven't been in a big hurry to do that either.  I have been playing with the various digital photo filters and effects that are available pretty much all over the place, and that have become so popular and increasingly common.  With a single click, I can turn an image into something that looks like a snapshot that faded in my junk-drawer over the past 40 years.  How cool is that?  Seriously, is it still cool, if everyone else is doing it?  What about if I do it to jazz up a mediocre photo?  A little voice in my head says that special effect filters are not a substitute for good photography.  But I've been playing with them anyway, dammit.  So you might see them in some of my future blog posts.  And there will be future blog posts.  I'm just not sure at this point how far into the future they will go.

But, hey!  Mantids are back!  This little guy floated out of a tree and landed right at my feet almost 2 weeks ago.  
baby mantid
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...