Thursday, January 10, 2008

Arrested Development *UPDATED*


The last 3 months have been hard on the little wide-arm man. He does not seem to have grown or shed his skin in all that time, and I can only guess that he's had very little to eat. His coloring is similar what it was in the summer, but duller somehow.
He is alert, but a little weak. I'm concerned because he doesn't want to eat. I was hoping a little time indoors in a slightly humid container would perk up his appetite, but he's just not interested. He has taken a couple of tiny droplets of honey, and minute globules of squished fly, that I literally dabbed onto his "lips" with a toothpick, but that's it. We'll just have to wait and see what happens now.
*UPDATE* 1-11-08
He shed his skin early this evening, leaving behind part of one of his legs in the shed. He is still weak, but that's pretty normal for after shedding. Fortunately, we're expecting warm weather this weekend. I will give him some time out in the sun (in a screen enclosure!) and maybe he will eat for me.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...