Monday, November 26, 2007

Butterfly,
Hello. Goodbye.

She emerged last night. I didn't know they could do that. Perhaps because I had her indoors and the temperature was warm and stable.





As she curled and uncurled her proboscis, there were also two little "mini-antennas" that also curled and uncurled. Not sure what those were all about. Her regular antennas are hanging down the back of her head.


In the light of day.





Pristine and plush





She had a couple of false starts, fluttering to the grass. I took her up again and offered her an orange. She sat there for over an hour while I did errands. When I released her again, she made her way over the fence and beyond the neighbor's yard, until I lost sight of her.

And she was flying in the general direction of the arboretum.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...