Monday, November 26, 2007

8 things about me

Inquiring minds may or may not want to know.

In my 3 years of blogging, I’ve read many a meme, but never been tagged, until today (Thanks, Julie)

Initially, I set out to list 8 happy things about myself. 2 things came to mind quickly:

Happily married for 28 years.

Happy to answer bug questions from friends.


Then I got kind of stuck. Happy things? Hmmm. I looked at Julie’s 8 things, and then I went back to the person that tagged her, and the person who tagged her, (and back a few more iterations) and came to find out that originally this meme was for 8 random things, not happy things.

Well, that made it easier, not needing to limit myself to happy things. So here are 6 random things.

I was born with congenital hip dysplasia, which required me to wear a cumbersome cast as an infant. I was delayed in learning to walk because of it.

I am without a religious faith, neutral if you will, the child of non-practicing Jews, married to a non-practicing Catholic. But I still have a spiritual side. My church is the world, my worship is music, art, nature.

I went on a date with my best friend’s boyfriend once, while she was away on a school trip. He took me for a ride in a helicopter.

I tend to be more sympathetic to animals than I am to people.

I maintain an uneasy relationship with most technology. I managed to make it through the last couple of decades without ever learning how to program a VCR. I always had either my husband or my sons to do it for me. Now we are firmly entrenched in the age of DVD’s, and I don’t know how to work them either.

I feel nostalgic for the 70’s, when I was young and energetic, and life was so much simpler. Only now do I realize how badly I squandered those years.

Now, according to the official rules of the meme, I’m supposed to tag 8 other people. And that’s where I hit another snag. For one thing, I would be hard-pressed to find 8 bloggers who haven’t already been hit up for a meme or 3 already. (I don’t even want to mention that a mere 6 people responded to my recent spider poll...) Then, there’s my general reluctance to perpetuate any kind of “chain-letter” project. What a party pooper I am.

What I will do is invite all who would like to participate to consider yourself tagged.

The rules are simple, if you choose to play by the rules. List 8 random (and/or happy) things about yourself. Tag 8 other people to do the same. Or not.

Oh, and please mention my name. I could use a little publicity.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...