Friday, August 17, 2007

Another widow

I noticed this spider resting in a plant in my front yard yesterday, and even from this glimpse, I knew she was something different.





I teased her out of her bed with a stick. Her coloration was striking, but there was something about her body shape, that was unmistakeable.



She was a widow. A brown widow. This was the first one I'd ever seen.



I had her on the ground for a minute.



But I did eventually put her back in her web.

I saw her last night, but it was too dark to take a good picture. This morning, I can't find her, but I'll keep an eye out for her. I read that brown widows aren't as poisonous as black ones, and she's so pretty, I don't really want to kill her. (shhh...don't tell Jerry...)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...