Friday, July 27, 2007

You just never know

(when you might find a cool bug.)

Most of the time, my own yard is pretty much devoid of interesting bugs. Don't get me wrong, it's full of bugs, but mostly ones I see on a daily (or seasonal) basis. They are pleasing, but not surprising. But every now and then, something out of the ordinary will present itself, and send me running for my camera. Like these bugs I recently found right in my front yard, on the azalea bush:


This dragonfly was from last week. It was big, and it had the biggest set of eyes I have ever seen on a dragonfly.



I found this cute little beetle this morning. It's about the length of a ladybug, but more oblong in shape.




Sorry, I chopped off his feet in this shot.



I think it's a type of leaf beetle, Cryptocephalus. Maybe I'll run him up the flagpole at BugGuide and see who salutes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...