Sunday, May 27, 2007

Random leftover bugs

Here are some photos that have been sitting in my Ready for Blog Upload file for too long. So I'm finally posting them, so I can clear them out of the folder.



Eggs of Harlequin bugs.



Harlequin bugs, adult and young.



Some kind of bloated scale insects.



A cactus fly, on a cactus.


OK, now remember those mystery bugs I found last month? Here they are, all grown up.

Fresh from the pupa case.



Here's a fairly fresh beetle with still-curing shell.



The final product.


Also on these same trees, there were lots of Asian ladybug larvae, and some of them were apparently eating the pupae of their own kind, as well as the black ones.

There were also these tiny lace bugs. This is the first time I have ever seen lace bugs. I knew they were small, but I didn't realize they were tiny!


A herd of lacebug nymphs.






A pair of lacy adults. I think that both the Asian and black ladybugs were eating these lacebugs.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...