Sunday, October 08, 2006

Anise Swallowtail caterpillars: parting shots

These shots are actually a couple of weeks old. Maybe I should have put my "blog catchup" bottle back up again. Oh well...

I have enjoyed my Anise Swallowtail caterpillars. They were so plump and colorful.


This one in front looked especially colorful and bright.





And I decided I really like their rubbery-looking prolegs!




Time for a change... notice the prolegs are all kind of tucked in now. Their job is done.



I gave this chrysalis to the little girl across the street. The butterfly should emerge this week, and she can release it. I have two others in my Explorarium and another one clinging to a shelf of the baker's rack on my front porch.

Hopefully, there will be pictures of the butterflies soon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...