Saturday, July 01, 2006

Recent sightings


This is a wasp I caught in my yard. I don't know if I'd ever seen this kind before. It was big, and fast-moving. Even in the jar, it never stopped moving.



A big drone-fly on my front gate


A bunch of stuff from the arboretum, among other places:


Katydids are all over the place.



This is a freshly-moulted milkweed bug, next to its old skin.






I wonder if these are young argiope orb-spiders that haven't grown into their distinctive yellow and black coloring yet. Or maybe they're just males, smaller and less flashy.




I found lots of little inchworms on these flower clusters.



I find these little caterpillars to be very attractive, but hard to photograph because their heads are always down in the flowers.

Here's an inchworm I found in a white rose early one evening.






Green Lynx spiders on duty
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...