Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A little birth, a little death, a little cuteness

The weather here has been unbearable lately, as I'm sure it is in so many places this summer. I have been living indoors too much of the time, and too lazy to tend to my blogging, but I have been taking a few pictures here and there. Even in the sweltering heat, there are plenty of bugs to see when I take the time to look.

Caterpillar hatchlings, (probably cutworms or something dull like that) begin their life's journey sailing down to earth on silk threads.



One of our dreaded drop-on-your-head-from-the-doorway spiders, trying to prove its usefulness.




A cute little fly resting with its speckled wings folded. I don't think I've ever seen this kind of fly before.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...