Monday, July 31, 2006

Celebrating Mantids

I haven't posted too many praying mantis pictures lately, other than my regular Mantis Mondays. Sometimes I feel like it gets boring if I post about the same thing too much. But this is the peak of praying mantis season, and I not only want to show off this year's captive-raised mantis, (below) but also to acknowledge 3 other blogs that featured mantids recently.


She was one of the mantids that hatched in January, when we had unusually warm weather for several weeks. She now lives free in my front yard.



I spotted this tiny guy at the arborteum a couple of weeks ago. He hatched on schedule by arboretum standards.

Ethan has posted mantid pictures in 3 separate posts, here, here, and here.

Snail's Tales has a mantis that caught a butterfly here.

Kathleen's mantid can be seen feeding here.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who appreciates these insects.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...