Sunday, April 23, 2006

Bug Safaris at Green Scene

This past weekend was Green Scene at the arboretum. This is their biggest plant show and sale of the year. They had Bug Safaris running every 30 minutes on both days. I had originally intended to take a bunch of pictures of the whole event, and follow along with one of the other guides' to take pictures of an actual Bug Safari in progress. Unfortunately, I didn't quite accomplish that. I was either busy setting things up, or busy with visitors, or busy leading the safaris. When I had a break, I wanted to just get something to eat and see the vendors' booths. I also spent lots of time just hanging out in our booth, answering visitors' questions and, well, schmoozing. There were lots of people coming in, and it's fun to talk to them.

When I finally had a chance to take some pictures, I felt a little conspicuous taking random candid shots. And then, when I tried to take pictures of the rows of cute little flowering cacti in what used to be my favorite booth, the lady there told me not to. *Humpf* That kind of knocked the wind out of my photographic sails. (...and I was in the doldrums to start with)


Here's our booth in the Childrens Garden. Kim is showing some of our display items to a young visitor.




I did manage to get a few shots in the deciduous woodland, there were lots of box elder bugs running around on the ground in the leaf litter.



I like this shot, even though it's not in very good focus. The little girl has something in her net, and she's obviously having fun!


So is this girl.



There was a booth promoting decollate snails. They had a bowl of them for people to see.



Some potential escapees
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...