Saturday, October 15, 2005

A morning at the Insect Fair


Follow the signs. Right this way!




Got my hand stamped with my admission.




Just a big room full of bug stuff.




A lot of it was dead specimens in glass-topped boxes.




More dead bugs later...in my next post....



Of course, my favorite stuff is the hands-on.




Look at this little girl touching a millipede.




And, here's what she found so delightful.




This is a little too delightful, even for me.




I liked this lady. She puts on educational shows for kids' parties, schools, etc.
(Bell's Bugs, Etc.)

Loved the hat.




This vendor had a bunch of mantids for sale, but he didn't have the kind I wanted. (Dead Leaf mantis)

He did have this pretty orchid mantis, though.




Anybody wanna buy a cockroach?




And, oh yeah, Bio Quip was there. They have all kinds of bug collecting supplies. Check out their website.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...