Sunday, October 23, 2005

Bugs and stuff


All summer, I saw plenty of Monarch butterflies, and some eggs, when I took the time to search for them under the leaves. I saw no caterpillars though. I blamed it on the ever-present wasps on patrol for food items for their young. I was surprised and delighted to see that this one had survived its childhood unnoticed, except by me.




I don't usually get very good pictures of flying insects. They move too fast for me. This big-eyed fly was more cooperative.



This late-season beetle was on the bush next to where the fly was. It was going for the nectar in those little flowers.




Carpenter bees are another tough one for me. this one is almost in focus!






OK, no bugs here, but the Buddha's Hand tree was especially full of large "hands", so I thought I'd sneak a couple of 'em in here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...