Friday, September 16, 2005

Grasshopper photo comparison

On the one hand, I feel a little redundant taking so many pictures of grasshoppers. On the other hand, this is my blog, and I really am fascinated by all their color morphs. Maybe it's an artistic thing. In any case, the following shots are of the same grasshopper under different lighting conditions. When I take bug pictures, (among other things), I am trying to keep that same look and feeling of "ooh, wow, that's cool!" Not being too educated in matters of photography, I'm pretty much just flying by the seat of my pants, point and shoot, hope for the best. And sometimes, I have a hard time deciding which picture best captures that feeling.



With the warm glow of the evening sun. (yes, I know it's not quite in focus. Too bad.)




Same shot, but I took this one with my own shadow blocking the light. So which picture has better color?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...